"So, I'd give this world
Just to dream a dream with you
On our bed of California stars"
-lyrics by Woodie Guthrie and performed by Billy Bragg

1.09.2011

First Cold of 2011

I’m not going to use this post to complain about the plethora of snot I have, and how it kept me up most of the night. Or how I can’t really take anything for it because of the baby in my belly. Or how I decided to open bills while being miserable and still in my pajamas at noon, because I am a glutton for punishment. Don’t worry, I’ll spare you.

On the upside, I had a fabulous 2010, and I hope you did too. If you didn’t, no worries-its over! My year was not without trials, but overall I can’t count the blessings. Some highlights were:
1.) Passing my physical therapy boards
2.) Getting to fly home 3 times to spend time with our family and friends
3.) Moving to a new place that doesn’t also have mice that inhabit it
4.) Going to Chicago to see my cousin get married, and partying like a rock star with my extended family
5.) Celebrating 7 years of wedded bliss with my husband, and finding out we were expecting just a day earlier
6.) Finding out we’re going to have a daughter

I am usually against New Year’s resolutions. (Rather, I’m subconsciously opposed to following through on the ones I’ve made.) But I’ve been thinking about the things I need to do to make our lives simpler once this little one gets here. I know that if I don’t start good habits now, it will be especially difficult to start with an infant around. So here goes:

1.) Stay on top of opening mail/ bills. I am so bad at letting the mail pile up on the kitchen counter, and then I have so much junk mail to sort through, and it just looks so messy and unorganized.
2.) Finish painting projects and add some home décor before the baby is born. I know I won’t do it if it doesn’t happen before then.
3.) Read some good books. I need to seriously shut the TV off!
4.) Join a church. We have one we enjoy attending occasionally, but I want to have an official church home.
5.) Start planning meals for the week and making a weekly shopping trip. Yes, I am aware this is not rocket science. My aversion to the grocery store makes this extremely difficult for me. Plus, I’m lazy. But I’m seriously sick of coming home from work starving with dinner unplanned, and spending money on a meal out when I can do better, if I say so myself.

So if anyone has any recipes for quick, healthy meals, send them my way! I'll try to keep you posted on the culinary creations that we enjoy.

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment