"So, I'd give this world
Just to dream a dream with you
On our bed of California stars"
-lyrics by Woodie Guthrie and performed by Billy Bragg

6.26.2010

Diagnosis: Too Many Chimichangas

Apologies to my faithful followers for not posting in over month. I’ve thought about doing it. Even put it on my to-do list. However, as my to-do list gets longer, my motivation decreases. It’s the nature of an inverse relationship. When I have more crap to do, my willpower wanes.

I’ve also come down with a horrible case of the blahs. It must have come on slow, because I didn’t realize I was sick until it was weeks since I grocery shopped, I forgot all about my recent obsession with “Dexter”, and my snooze button was getting more action than I was. I haven’t quilted in weeks, let the housework go (well…that’s not very abnormal, let’s be honest), barely read anything more than a People magazine, and sat on my behind every waking moment outside of work, staring at the television. Blah, blah, blah. If you haven’t gotten a phone call from me in the past month, obviously you haven’t missed anything.

I don’t think I’m depressed. I think that working really hard and not taking care of my body the way I should has just caught up with me. For one, I know that I walk the halls countless times, lift patients, and exercise my writing hand for 8+ hours a day. But as my husband points out, this is not real exercise. To which I reply, if only in my head, “Who is it, dear, that has a DOCTORATE in exercise?”

But doggonit, he’s right.

So, there’s that. And the fact that fast food has stealthily crept back in to my diet (Damn you, taco bell!), especially when I’m in a hurry on my lunch break. And if it’s not the drive thru, it’s meals straight out of the freezer or my new fave from a local Mexican restaurant, a carne-asada chimichanga with rice and beans. Obviously, I have to make some changes. No excuses! As of today, I’m making a change, to cure my blahs.

Right after I eat this Snickers ice cream bar.

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment