"So, I'd give this world
Just to dream a dream with you
On our bed of California stars"
-lyrics by Woodie Guthrie and performed by Billy Bragg

5.10.2010

What I had for dinner tonight

I know in honor of Mother’s Day I should write a heartfelt tribute to the best mom ever, Susie. A good daughter would. But considering just perusing the card section for a card almost had me in tears, I don’t think I can muster it. So, I love you Mom, and I miss you. That’s all I got for now.

Sniff-sniff.

Ever since we tried it, Chris and I have had the climbing bug. Here are some more photos taken at the Happy’s, a boulder field just a couple miles away from where we live.





You probably can’t tell, but Chris is still sporting a “crust-ache” from the White Trash themed party we had thrown the night before for our friend Jeff’s 30th birthday. Here we are in all our trashy glory:


The photo doesn’t do my costume justice; I wore a terry cloth onesie, meant to be a swimsuit cover-up, paired with the Britney Spears staple: Ugg boots. (I do love my Uggs in the real world, especially since the winter here is a bit colder than my Alabama blood is used to.)

In the last few weeks I’ve also been devoting time to one of my safer hobbies, quilting. I made my first quilt almost 6 years ago when my first niece, Stella, was born. Now I have four nieces, and a nephew due to make his appearance later this week. Needless to say, I have some major catching up to do now that I have more time. I’m attempting a harder pattern this time, suggested to me by one of my elderly patients. I ordered all the fabrics online, but ended up cutting a whole fabric’s worth of strips too narrow, so had to get a new fabric at the local quilt store. And I think I found the perfect one. Here is my first row that I’ve finished piecing. Chris just loves the kitchen table being filled with sewing supplies!


And the sweet angel that will hopefully be cuddling up with her new quilt soon:


If any of my loyal followers has been disappointed at the lack of recipes recently, I apologize. As I adjust to working full-time, my kitchen has been all but closed. Here’s what I whipped up tonight, and it just satisfied my longing for some Waffle House:

One helping of Smart Potatoes hashbrowns, cooked according to directions
Topped with a slice of cheddar cheese
I melted the cheese by pouring some hot chili, homemade by my neighbor, over the top
One dollop of sour cream

Good thing my cholesterol levels came back okay!

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment